Mission Ministries Overview- “Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.” (Matthew 25:40, NIV). Jesus’ words motivate us for ministry to those in need locally, by giving our time, talents, gifts and service.
Holy Cross is a church that believes the work of the church is the most important thing. Our members are involved in ministering to the needs of those in our church, in the neighborhood, in the city and in the world.
We at Holy Cross are committed to serving those in need throughout the area in which we live. Some of the involvement is listed below:
* Alcoholics Anonymous-weekly meetings in the parish hall on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at noon.
* Community Pregnancy Center- See Bettie Bizier if interested
* Meals On Wheels-See Debbie Kennon if interested
* Habitat For Humanity,.
* The Daughters of the King support the Angel Tree Ministry at Christmas. Angel Tree sponsors children of inmates and by parish participation gifts are provided to their children.
* Good Samaritan Orphanage-Tanzania http://breathing-underwater.com/sites/GSO/html/about.html. The Mbinda’s have created a place where Tanzanian orphans are not only physically saved from a futile future, but also educated globally, spiritually, and endowed with the knowledge of the dangers and realities of HIV/AIDS so that future generations will not have to suffer as these children have
* African Team Ministries-Objects and jewelry made in Africa are obtained and for sale in the parish hall once a year. The proceeds from this sale are sent back to missions in Africa through both the African Team Ministries and the Good Samaritan Orphanage.
* Society of Anglican Missionaries and Senders(SAMS)- http://www.sams-usa.orgMike and Kim Miller are based in Jacksonville, Fl. The Hope of Jesus http://www.hopeofjesus.org/ provides Honduran children with the love, care, and affection they deserve. They literally have never had parents and have been abandoned for no reason. This may be the next mission trip for Holy Cross to share its time and talent…..(muscle).
* Haiti Mission – Ruuska Village Orphanage – twice a year we visit to provide labor for fixing and repairing the orphanage. In addition, this is a great opportunity to play with the kids and assist the Director.